I’m trying to get better informed about racism in the UK, so I asked my Twitter friends for some book recommendations.
Currently reading “Why I’m no longer talking to white people about race” by @renireni. What should I read next? I want to educate myself about racism in the UK.— Benjy Stanton (@benjystanton) January 21, 2020
Here’s my resulting reading list. I’m slowly making my way through it. Please let me know if you have any other recommendations.
- Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- The Good Immigrant by Nikesh Shukla
- Brit(ish): On Race, Identity and Belonging by Afua Hirsch
- Natives: Race and Class in the Ruins of Empire by Akala
- Black and British: A Forgotten History by David Olusoga
- Heart Of The Race: Black Women’s Lives in Britain by Beverley Bryan
- Safe: On Black British Men Reclaiming Space by Derek Owusu
- What is Islamophobia?: Racism, Social Movements and the State by Narzanin Massoumi