Swansea design meet-up
I’m planning a design meet-up in Swansea. This is a timeline of my notes (expect them to change a lot).
10th February 2015
- Booked 2 speakers for the first event (Tim Morgan and Paul Pod)
- Got TechHub Swansea onboard as the second sponsors
- Using Get Invited for ticketing
- Working on v2 of the website
- Created information for potential sponsors
26th January 2015
- Launched a basic holding page
- Create a subscribe form for our email newsletter
21st January 2015
- Designed a basic logo to get things going
- Signed up for a Twitter account: @DesignSwansea
- Got Campaign Monitor onboard as sponsors
19th January 2015
- Email Techhub Swansea to get the ball rolling with the first event.
15th December 2014
- Contact Design Stuff Cardiff and Second Wednesday for advice.
11th December 2014
- Went to Design Stuff Cardiff to check it out and have a chat with the organisers.
5th December 2014
- Continue to share and promote the survey
- Getting lots of interest and offers of help
1st December 2014
- Published a survey
26th November 2014
- Draft a survey aimed at designers in Swansea and run it past Paul, Jade and Gareth
25th November 2014
- Start this blog post (I like to design in the open whenever I get the chance)
24th November 2014
- Announced the idea on Twitter (I have to do it now)
- Went to the Swansea Software Development Meet-up to chat about it with Viv, Paul and Nic