Visual note-taking with Eleanor Beer
My notes from the Visual Notetaking Made Easy event on Thursday 11th August at Innovation House, Magor.
- Visual note-taking is basically notes with doodles
- It’s also known as sketchnoting
- The basic processes is; listen, filter, draw
- It’s useful for creating user journeys, meeting facilitation and conference recording
- Listening is a key skill!
- Improves memory recall
- Captures emotion
- It’s fun!
- People who are usually quiet in meetings feel included
- Can help people with low literacy
- Basics: layout, words, objects, containers, lines and arrows
- Pictographs are drawings of things; like a book, dog, mobile phone or aeroplane
- Ideographs are pictures that represent an idea; like balance, collaboration, education or digital
- People (stick figures and smiley faces)
- Layouts: linear, circular, random, path or grid