User experience (UX) designer objectives
We're working on some objectives for the UX design role at Office for National Statistics (ONS). These are pretty high level, and soon they'll have specific tasks under each. The tasks will help guide me and the other UX designers, and will be used as a way to monitor performance.
A well timed visit to the Government Digital Service (GDS) to discuss the role of designers in government has really helped to sharpen up our thinking.
Does this look like a UX designer to you?
UX designer objectives
- Follow a user centered design approach
- Use evidence to inform design
- Create prototypes and iterate designs
- Work as part of an agile team
- Be part of the community
- Communicate effectively
- Learn new skills and improve existing ones
You might be interested in this post about UX designer skills.